Starbucks Mission Statement
Focusing on the Whole
Ever wonder what Starbucks Mission Statement is? If you haven't it, you might want to consider the valuable insight that can be gained from such knowledge.
For most people, having a purpose is very important. Most of what we do has a reason – a purpose. Many businesses and organizations understand this fact, hence, the creation of a mission statement that informs everyone involved in the group. Moreover, a mission statement has been found to have several benefits, such as the opportunity for defining the group, and spreading and increasing awareness of its purpose and goals to members, employees and even the public.
The environmentally conscious Starbucks Corporate Social Responsibilty statement speaks to a new breed of businesses that care about their carbon footprint. With the influence of this forward-thinking company, and its consistently innovative approach to each viral marketing campaign - others companies should start taking notes.
Sometimes, a mission statement is even used in viral marketing for Starbucks. The Starbucks mission statement was developed for the intentions of communicating to employees and customers of the values and principles that the company upholds. Starbucks Coffee Company, Starbucks Marketing Strategy, and Starbucks History point to the new age way of embaracing the whole - which leads to their mission statement...
The Starbucks Mission Statement:
Today, Starbucks Coffee Company has outlined two mission statements; one for the company and one that defines their commitment to the environment:
“To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time” – Starbucks Coffee
“Starbucks is committed to a role of environmental leadership in all facets of our business.” – Starbucks Environmental Mission Statement
The Principles of Starbucks Toward Its Mission
Along with its inspiring mission statements, principles have also been outlined to expound further on what Starbucks Coffee Compny is all about. These principles were divided to highlight the entities that matter most to the company and are listed as follows, with a brief description. The complete Starbucks Mission Statement can be found on their website.
- Our Coffee – High quality has always been the passion of Starbucks coffee, and hard work has been done to maintain and improve that.
- Our Partners – Everyone who works for Starbucks are partners because they all share a passion to create a place where everyone is treated to a standard that includes respect and dignity.
- Our Customers – Although Starbucks holds customer satisfaction through quality-made beverages as important, they also focus on the significance of human connection.
- Our Stores – The Starbucks mission statement also focuses on making their stores a “haven” for people to go to whenever necessary.
- Our Neighborhood – Starbucks considers their stores as part of the community it is in, and are very passionate about doing their part and being responsible about it.
- Our Shareholders – Starbucks believes that actions towards success rewards everyone involved in the company. Therefore, Starbucks is fully accountable to uphold its principles to the benefit of everyone connected with Starbucks.
- Onward – The Starbucks Mission Statement page leaves this without an explanation – but for good reason. The future may be unknown, but Starbucks regards it as important, and all decisions and actions have to contribute to making a better future for Starbucks and all its partners.
With this carefully thought-out list, Starbucks made sure not to leave anyone or anything behind. They have wholly considered what matters most to the company, and have made sure that everyone is aware of this and is passionately working towards the perpetuation of these principles. Starbucks history has shown that having values, and practicing those values, will lead to success.
The Starbucks Mission Statement: Environmental
Starbucks Coffee Company is very passionate about the environment, and shows this by taking an active role in being responsible for it. They commit to their mission of “environmental leadership” in all aspects of the business by a number of ways, including understanding and sharing information about environmental issues, using environmentally friendly products, and encouraging all partners to share in their mission. The complete list of the Starbucks’ commitments to the environment is available on their website.
A Holistic Purpose
It might be that the company owes some part of its success to a wholly-aware and responsible Starbucks mission statement. By being passionate about everyone and everything involved and affected by the business, Starbucks and its partners work twice as hard to uphold their principles, and show their customers and the public that they are honest and sincere, not only about providing the best coffee experience around, but also in truly caring for people and the environment.
Find out about the enterprising man who put MacDonalds on the map by learning to franchise-Ray Kroc.
Get inspired. Visit the Success Stories of Entrepreneurs page.
Learn what it takes to succeed. Find out the winning Characteristics of an Entrepreneur.
Discover what successful entrepreneurs already know. Great Customer Service Tips matter.
Are you are Entrepreneur interested in Starting a Restaurant? Read This.
Learn from the Success of others. Check out the Starbucks History page.
Discover the secrets to success with on the Starbucks Marketing Strategy page
Return from Starbucks Mission Statement to VoteForUs home page.